Please see lists below for further explanations of acceptable/unacceptable items.
Consignor must check the CPSC recall list to ensure that they are not consigning any recalled items and that items meet the lead limits and phthalates standards. It is important to us that only safe products are offered to our customers, therefore we ask that each consignor carefully check that none of their items have been recalled before bringing them to our event. As the seller/owner of an item, it is the CONSIGNOR'S RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that each item meets the required safety standards. You will certify that items you bring to the sale have not been recalled and meet safety guidelines when you sign your Consignor Agreement. If you are dropping items off for someone else please bring their signed Consignor Agreement with you.
• Limit of 125 clothing items/sets and 10 pair of shoes per consignor.
• Children's clothing GIRLS sizes preemie-16 and teen/junior sizes (must have "teen appeal") and BOYS size preemie-20. Must be applicable to upcoming season and manufactured in the last 3 years. Sizes Small-XL accepted only if brand and style are for children. We will not accept adult size clothing.
• Children's shoes only—no adult shoes please.
• Jeans, pants, short and long sleeves accepted at BOTH sales (heavyweight like corduroy, velvet, flannel only at FALL, sleeveless only at SPRING.
• Halloween costumes accepted at FALL sale.
• Swimwear accepted at SPRING sale.
• Dancewear accepted at any sale.
• NOTE: We do not accept fleece sleepers or pajamas that are pilled. Fleece often pills after only one or two washings. We do not accept underwear, socks, or tights unless they are part of an outfit. We will also no longer accept onesies or other clothing in Ziploc bags (all onesies, etc. must be on hanger).
Toys, Books, Games, Videos
• Must be in working condition and include all pieces
• Batteries must be included.
• Stuffed animals accepted only if they do something...move, make noise etc. Beanie Babies are accepted.
• Videos in original case only - Limit of 5.
• No R-rated videos
Infant and Child Accessories
• Feeding supplies, diaper bags, blankets, etc. We do not accept breast pumps or nursing bras. We do not accept used nipples, used pacifiers, used teethers, used sippy cups, used plastic spoons (new only)
• Nursery needs: diaper pails, potty chairs, bath seats, guardrails, etc.
• Hats, gloves, hairbows, belts, etc.
Bedding and Décor
• Comforters, blankets, bumpers, sheets, pillows, etc.
• Picture frames, mobiles, rugs, lamps, etc.—must be child oriented
Equipment and Furniture
• Strollers, walkers, high-chairs, exersaucers, bikes, playground equipment, etc.
• Cribs, toddler beds, bassinets, changing tables, dressers. Because of recalls, we do not accept any cribs manufactured prior to July 23, 2010
• Equipment must be clean or it will not be accepted.
• Attach any accompanying items securely.
• Broken equipment or items with any missing pieces (stroller trays etc.) is not acceptable.
• Car seats you wish to sell must never have been in an accident and must not be more than 5 years old. Please also make sure yours is not on the following Recall List.
All Cribs sold on consignment must fill out this Consignor Crib Checklist
All Carseats sold on consignment must fill out this Consignor Car Seat Checklist
Items must be current and in excellent, clean, and odor free condition with no signs of wear and no damage such as pilling, tears, holes, missing buttons, dysfunctional zippers, and stains. Make sure you have scrutinized each item as though YOU were going to buy it.
Every item will be checked in during drop off and any unacceptable items will be sent home with the consignor. Please don't be offended if we ask you to take back some of your items. We will be screening very closely so as to maintain the upscale quality of the sale. We reserve the right to refuse any item that we feel may not sell. It is often easy to miss a spot or tear when you are getting your items ready at home. We want to be known for having the best quality merchandise and we want you as a purchaser to have confidence that you are buying the best at SF Kids Consignment.
Please check http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/ frequently. You'd be surprised at what has been currently recalled! Sometimes it's not obvious.